Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The passing of friends

Over the last two years, I've felt privaledged to have known two women who have been taken by cancer, both of them far too young.Both their funerals had elements of joy in them. Yes there was sadness, but also happiness for their release from suffering and their meeting with the Lord.At one of the funerals, a passage was read that was written by one of the women and I'd like to share that with you. It was how she imagined meeting with God would be.

"I was at an airport once to neet a friend. There were a lot of people there and a lot of noise. A tall man carrying a heavy suitcase walked through from the luggage pick up area into the main concorse. His wife and three year old son were standing right at the back of the crowd of waiting people.

As soon as his son saw him he shouted "daddy" and raced through the crowd at full sprint and launched himself into his dad's arms.They said nothing, but gazed at each other and laughed and laughed.

The busy-people noise had stopped and everyone turned to see what the laughter was all about. I had a lump in my throat and quite a few people had tears in their eyes.

Ever since then, that's how I have imagined what meeting God will be like: to hug each other tightly, look into each others eyes and laugh our heads off."

What a wonderful image. I only hope that when I meet with Jesus it will be just like that!

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Beatiful post! I'll be following : )

    ReplyDelete