Saturday, October 24, 2009

Light of the world ~ Tim Hughes

Would you believe that before October is even through, I have planned the Christmas day service at church. I was reading a blog where a lady had recently found she was pregnant. She said "It won't change anything!" somehow I think she is in for a bit of a shock!
Anyway I began to think about how the tiny child born at christmas became light to a world shrouded in darkness. Tim Hughes' song Light of the world was one that immediately sprang to mind:
Light of the word
you stepped down into darkness
Opened my eyes, let me see
Beauty that made this heart adore you
Hope of a life spent with you.

and then our response to this

So here I am to worship
Here I am to bow down
Here I am to say that you're my God
Your all together lovely
Altogether worthy
altogether wonderful to me

then that poignant bridge:

And I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross,
No I'll never know how much it cost to see my sin upon that cross.

That's when the realisation dawns that this little baby laid in a manger is destined for the cross. it's all in Gods special plan so that i can say and you can say I am free, I am redeemed (bought back), I am saved because Gods son took my place on the cross.

For the month of December I am planning my own Advent calender on this and my other blog creative and faithful.





No comments:

Post a Comment