Saturday, April 25, 2009

Friends ~

My Daughter is going through a bit of a tough time at the moment. She's a sensitive little 9 year old and one of her friends has recently moved to a new house 15 miles away. Although she's still attending the same school, it is likely that in the new school year or possibly even sooner this friend will move to a nearer more practical school. For Eden this is tough. Her world is small, she's never gone through the moves and seen that you can come out at the other side.

During my childhood up to the age of 11 I was a frequent mover. A new home meant a new school and then making new friends, there was always that feeling of loss each time you moved, but in time it lessened and you could move on.

As an adult I have moved several times. My biggest move was London to Yorkshire (back to my home village) It was a strange time for me. I had left a handful of very close friends behind and it took me a long time to settle. But eventually I did settle and made some close friends here.

Today I wasn't sure what i was going to post about until I popped up the You tube window and there was this song that fitted so perfectly in Eden's situation.

Packing up the dreams God planted
In the fertile soil of you
Cant believe the hopes hes granted
Means a chapter in your life is through
But well keep you close as always
It wont even seem youve gone
cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong

Chorus:
And friends are friends forever
If the lords the lord of them
And a friend will not say never
cause the welcome will not end
Though its hard to let you go
In the fathers hands we know
That a lifetimes not too long to live as friends.

With the faith and love gods given
Springing from the hope we know
We will pray the joy youll live in
Is the strength that now you show
But well keep you close as always
It wont even seem youve gone
cause our hearts in big and small ways
Will keep the love that keeps us strong


Thank you God for the gift of friendship. For those you give us to be close to. You know both the joys and sorrows of having friends. Help us to be the very best a friend can be: honest, caring, supportive and encouraging. I thank you for the friends I've made through blogging, thankyou for their encouragment and support.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment