Saturday, February 21, 2009

Purify My heart ~ Brian Doerksen

The song purify my heart has been around for several years. The song talks about making my heart clean and making me like pure gold and precious silver.

God can take me, a scruffy lump of metal and place me into a fire and make me into a beautiful object. Fire can be very destructive. We only have to think about the Australian bush fires that so recently ravaged Australia and took lives, homes and livlihoods. But Gods fire is not destructive. It is a fire that produces in us qualities that can be harnessed for him.

The process of turning a log into a beautiful sculpture has the same sort of process. Lumps are chisseled of it is scrapped and then sanded until it is smooth and beautiful.
When we give our lives to God then we too will go through this processing. There are areas in our lives that require chisseling off and sanding. May God challenge us to allow him to sand and chissel those areas of our lives off,so that we can become beautiful objects.


Purify my heart
Let me be as gold and precious silver
Purify my heart
Let me be as gold, pure gold

Refiner’s Fire
My heart’s one desire is to be holy
Set apart for You Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You my master
Ready to do Your will

Purify my heart
Cleanse me from within and make me holy
Purify my heart
Cleanse me from my sin, deep within

Refiner’s Fire
My heart’s one desire is to be holy
Set apart for You Lord
I choose to be holy
Set apart for You my master
Ready to do Your will


No comments:

Post a Comment