Saturday, February 28, 2009

Still ~ Reuban Morgan



The scriptural base for it is Psalm 46
v2Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way and the mountains fall into the sea, though it's waters roar and foam and the mountains quake with the surging.

v10 Be still and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the nations
I will be exalted in the heavens.

How wonderful that our God surrounds us with his wings of love.
Like the little ducklings or chicks return to their mother and she protects them, cuddles then warm and safe in her soft feathers, so we too can turn to God knowing he will be there for us.

Hide me now
Under your wings
Cover me
within your mighty hand

When the oceans rise
and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are king over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Find rest my soul
In Christ alone
Know his power
In quietness and trust

Thankyou Lord that you are there for us. That you wrap your loving arms around us. Loving arms that once wrapped the whole world in love as you hung on the cross.
Lord we pray that we will feel you near to us as we face challenges in our lives.
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment