Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bridge over troubled water ~ Paul Simon

Again, this song was not written as a song for God, but the words are very fitting to the way God talks to us.

Isaiah 49 v 13
Shout for joy, O heavens;
rejoice, O earth;
burst into song, O mountains!
For the LORD comforts his people
and will have compassion on his afflicted ones.


When youre weary,
feeling small,
When tears are in your eyes,
I will dry them all; (because I know what you are feeling)
Im on your side. (I'm by your side)
when times get rough (I've been through rough times)
And friends just cant be found, (my friends turned their back on me too)

Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down. (I lay down on the cross for you)

When you're down and out,
When you're on the street,
When evening falls so hard
I will comfort you.
Ill take your part.
When darkness comes
And pains is all around, (I've been in the darkness, I've suffered the pain for you)

Like a bridge over troubled water
I will lay me down. (I lay down on the cross for you and I will pick you up and carry you accross the troubled water of your life.)


The lord comforts his people and will have compassion for the afflicted

No comments:

Post a Comment