Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lent Series ~ Where You Are Is Where I Belong

 Laura Woodley's beautiful song entitle Home is based on Psalm 139:

You traced the lines of my finger prints
Counted my days before I knew them
Precious thoughts for me more than the sands
And my name is written on my hands

You know the number of hairs on my head
All of my words before they are said
When I rise up and when I lie down
When I go in and when I go out

Father you have a place in your heart for me
Jesus your son made me family
And I am no orphan
By your Spirit I receieve (x2)

I have found my heart
Where you are is where I belong
A place I fit perfecty
There is room in you for me (x2)

There is room in you for me
There is room in you ...
for me
I have found my home.

Father God, You know more about me than I know about myself.  You know my in's and outs, the good and the bad, the happy and the sad and you still chose to have me in your family.  You are a refuge for me.  Where you are is where I belong It's there I fit so perfectly.  You have made room for me.  Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment