Thursday, March 10, 2011

Lent Series ~ Your Love

You've examined my heart
and Lord you know me.
It's no use pretending,
you see right through me
You know where I am
You see all I do
Lord you're never sleeping
You know all my words before I speak
You know where I stand
And what I seek
You know if I laugh or if I'm crying
Lord you're never sleeping

There's no place I can hide from your love
I can only survive through your love
Show me somewhere to go, a place you don't know
To cover my soul
On the wings of the dawn I might fly
To the ends of the earth beyond the sky
I could go anywhere, but you'll always be there
Where ever I go.

Lord you know when I sit and when I stand
Each moment I live I'm in your hand
I can't get away from your sweet Spirit.
Lord you're never sleeping
Long before I was born
Your eyes could see me
You knew all my days before they'd ever reached me
So come what may I know you'll be there
Lord you're never sleeping

Chorus

I'm surrounded, I'm surrounded, I'm surrounded
God is never sleeping

Chorus

There is no place I can hide, know where I can go because your love is always with me.  I can turn my back on you, but you never turn your back on me, you don't get bored of waiting, you have patience beyond measure.
You knew me and all I would do long before I was born.  You made me, you knitted me together in my mothers womb,  I am fearfully and wonderfully made with your love.
Help me to receive your love and to show your love to other people.

No comments:

Post a Comment